The new requirements for the IWBI’s WELL v2 certification now include two dedicated IAQ features for air quality monitoring and thermal comfort. Achieving points in both Air and Thermal Comfort concepts will help put you on a clear path towards attaining the WELL v2 certification as it shows that your building provides an environment that protects the people inside.
Achieving IWBI WELL V2 Optimizations With the Sensedge
The WELL v2 optimizations that the Sensedge can help your project directly satisfy are A08 and T06. This article will offer a step-by-step overview of how the Sensedge, an IoT monitoring solution, can help you maximize your IWIB WELL v2 scorecard with these IAQ optimizations.
A08 Air Quality Monitoring and Awareness (2 points)
WELL divides the air quality monitoring and awareness optimization into two distinct parts. Part I focuses on implementing air quality monitors and Part II focuses on promoting air quality awareness. From installation to air quality education, the Sensedge is designed to help you achieve this WELL v2 optimization.
The following Sensedge features will help your building project gain points for air quality monitoring and awareness:
- On-going parameter monitoring: The Sensedge collects samples for all required parameters every minute, well within the optimization’s required sample interval of ten minutes or less. The accuracy and resolution satisfy WELL’s requirements.
- Certified sensor calibration: WELL requires that sensors be certified. To meet this requirement, the Sensedge comes with a certificate of calibration directly from our factory, making it clear to all users that the device has been calibrated before it’s even installed. All new sensor modules also come calibrated from the factory, making it both cost-effective and time-effective to satisfy WELL’s certification requirement.
- Annual sensor calibration: To satisfy requirements for annual calibration, the Sensedge uses modular sensors. Instead of having to remove and ship a commercial air quality monitor to a calibration facility, with a Sensedge monitor you can simply swap out the modular sensors in the device for new ones.
- Flexible data export: Whether online or offline, the Sensedge easily exports data over e-mail, USB, or micro-SD memory card. This data collection allows you to access your project and submit performance verification on WELL Online.
- Online resource for the latest air quality information and tips: Raise occupant awareness by offering access to Kaiterra’s free digital library for tips on how to improve indoor air quality.
- Simple installation: The Sensedge can be easily installed in under 10 minutes and prominently displayed in regularly occupied spaces to suit the optimization’s placement requirements.
T06 Thermal Air Comfort Monitoring (1 point)
To attain points for T06, projects must install thermal comfort monitors and display environmental measures according to these specific guidelines. WELL needs you to monitor these parameters in real-time. The Sensedge collects data for dry-bulb temperature and relative humidity every single minute.
The following Sensedge features will help your building project gain points for thermal air quality monitoring:
- On-going reporting of parameter readings: The Sensedge collects measurements for dry-bulb temperature and relative humidity every minute, well within the optimization’s required sampling intervals of ten minutes or less.
- Connected dashboard: The optimization requires your project to display readings on a web or phone application for users and occupants. View and compare real-time readings remotely with the Kaiterra dashboard, whether on a browser or a phone. Or, access our API key to connect the Sensedge readings to your own dashboard.
- Flexible data export: The Sensedge easily exports data over e-mail, USB, or micro-SD memory card. This data collection allows you to access your project and submit performance verification on WELL Online.
- Certified sensor calibration: Dry-bulb and relative humidity sensors need to be recalibrated and certified annually. To satisfy requirements for certified and annual calibration, the Sensedge’s hot-swappable sensors come with a certification that could be submitted on WELL Online. They’re specially designed to be quickly removed and replaced. With continuous, convenient, and cost-effective monitoring, your project will never lose a data point.
Attaining The WELL V2 Certification With The Sensedge
Integrating the Sensedge into your project will help you achieve A08 & T06 optimizations, effectively adding three points for your WELL v2 scorecard. With continuous, convenient, and cost-effective monitoring, your project will never lose a data point. This device is easy to install, calibrate, and provides the accurate data readings you need.
To learn more about the Sensedge and if it’s right for your next building project, be sure to download the Sensedge tech specs. If you have any product specific questions and want to jump on a call, please schedule a meeting here.
 As a final step in the assessment, projects need to submit a set of deliverables for performance verification. Please refer to the list provided under each optimization to learn other areas where the Sensedge can help you.
 The Sensedge helps you deal with the trickiest part of this WELL optimization, which is continuous monitoring and reporting of data. However, the Sensedge will not provide readings of air speed and mean radiant temperature, requiring quarterly measurement.